|Position/Title:||Sales Support Specialist||Department:||Operations|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Sales Support Supervisor|
The Sales Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to improve UST Brands’ sales by supporting the Account Managers and providing exceptional support to assigned existing and prospective accounts. This position is responsible for presenting and promoting all aspects of UST Brands’ – products, people, company standards, policies, and information in a positive and meaningful way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain calendar and travel schedule for Account Manager(s)
Ensure Account Manager(s) has all materials and samples needed for all customer visits
Provide Account Manager(s) with customer performance reports.
Make recommendations on opportunities to improve sales.
Coordinate creation of special materials—sales books, price lists, product mock ups, etc—as needed for important account presentations
Provide on-going administrative support to Account Manager(s)
Account Manager Administrative Support:
- Key Account Support:
Establish and maintain positive and meaningful relationships with key account decision-makers and support team
Complete required customer product set-up information in accurate and timely manner
Process and follow up on all key account sample requests
Ensure that UST’s operations team has vendor guide and other requirements specified by key accounts.
Maintain accurate files on all contractual agreements, price quotes, set-up sheets, and other important customer information in shared customer files.=
Support all key account requests for graphics, marketing materials and other special information.
- Lead Follow-up:
Initiate communication with potential accounts as requested by Account Manager
Plan and track all prospect contact: emails, phone calls, samples, follow-up, etc.
Ensure all assigned incoming new dealer inquiries receive response within 48 hours.
Manage Trade Show follow-up to ensure all assigned leads are contacted in a timely and effective manner
- Trade Shows:
Contact existing and prospective customers prior to events to encourage booth visits and set appointments
Engage customers at trade shows.
Be an enthusiastic and knowledgeable UST ambassador and generate sales!
Set up and break down trade shows as needed
- Additional duties, as assigned.
The above-cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Must be resourceful and innovative problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must be detail oriented with strong investigative skills.
- Must have ability to work independently and also be a constructive, supportive team member.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of understanding of the company’s products and be able to communicate the value of these products.
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
UST Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is UST Brands policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. UST Brands does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, pregnancy, color, religion, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
|Education and Experience Requirements:|
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college coursework in written composition, business math or other related business classes preferred
- Minimum 2 years sales and project management experience
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of service to targeted customer base/market
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines and handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Systems & Software – intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and be comfortable with maintaining databases
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds various items
- Sitting for extended periods
- Extended period viewing computer screen
Physical Requirements (continued):
Position Type Full-Time/Regular