UST BRANDS – Jacksonville, FLÂ
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Creative Director|
The Graphic Designerâ€™s primary responsibility is to create compelling, consistent branding on all UST Brands communications with an emphasis on consumer packaging. In addition, this position will support the team as needed by working on printed marketing materials and other projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on existing brand design standards, create packaging solutions, point of sale displays and other printed consumer and trade collateral.
- Ensure creative is in line with overall brand parameters and guidelines.
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with other members of the UST Brands Teamâ€”Marketing, Sales, Product Development, other departments and external agencies to achieve project goals working within brand, regulatory and legal standard and requirements.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, research and other activities that support creative concept development in collaboration with others on the Marketing Team.
- Collaborate with product development team to provide design and production insight into packaging solutions.
- Prepare art files for release to printers, developers or third-party websites.
- Maintain digital assets and distribute to internal resources as necessary.
- Produce accurate and high quality work.
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs.
- Provide support as needed for other marketing projectsâ€”catalogs, sell sheets, trade shows, etc.
TheÂ above citedÂ duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. Â They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Must beÂ proficient with MacIntosh-based platform
- Must have expert user knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications.
- Position requires ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of people, in writing and speech.
- Excellent copy writing and design skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented while still able to understand the big picture
- Ability to work independently and also be a constructive, supportive team member.
- Must be willing to work in a creative, fast-paced and dynamic environment.Â Extreme flexibility required.
- Must have high interest and understanding of UST Brands product lines.
RequiredÂ Education and Experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in graphic design or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with a focus on packaging design and layout as well as catalog design.
UST Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Â It is UST Brands policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. UST BrandsÂ does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, pregnancy, color, religion, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Position TypeÂ Full-Time/Regular