UST BRANDS – Jacksonville, FLÂ
|Position/Title:||Product Development Specialist||Department:||Operations|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Product Development Manager|
The Product Development Specialistâ€™s primary responsibility is to provide support to the product development team with administrative tasks as well as management of product database. Â Our rapidly growing company is looking for a self-starter who has a sense of urgency and can take on several responsibilities concurrently, especially geared to launching new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Product Development Manager in the development of new product as well as managing the assortment of existing products
- Coordinate weekly status updates regarding new and current product development to distribute to appropriate departments
- Maintain product database with all relevant product information including costing, specifications, and testing reports, and make requested updates as necessary
- Manage the new item set-up process internally and provide marketing/sales support with the information needed to set-up items for customers
- Work with marketing/sales support to fulfill sample requests from customers
- Ship samples to factories and customers as needed
- Organize all factory samples and maintain a detailed sample log
- Support the product development department with special projects such as competitors costing research and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. Â They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Detail oriented, task driven and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Display an ownership attitude where individual can take on initiatives and drive to completion
RequiredÂ Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or other related field preferred
- At least 4 years relevant work experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Access
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Extended period viewing computer screen
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds various items
- Repetitive motions
UST Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is UST Brands policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. UST BrandsÂ does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, pregnancy, color, religion, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Position Type Full-Time/Regular